Thursday, July 21, 2011

Bump In The Road

Hello Everyone,

I've been out of touch lately, and hope to get back into blogging regular.  Right about the first of July I stepped off my stationary bike to run a dog off that chases my old cat. I was in a hurry and broke my hip. I didn't realize it at the time. It hurt for a couple of days, then felt a lot better, then at the end of that week it started hurting again so I went to the doctor. I walked in, and the went out in a wheel chair. Two days later I was in the hospital getting a new hip put in. After three days in the hospital I'm home learning how to walk all over again.

All in all I'm doing well considering the circumstances. I really never thought I would be so ready to do dishes or laundry or sweep the floor! I suppose I should enjoy it while I can, but you can bet it's NO FUN!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Good thing it was a "stationary" bike,
i mean what on earth would have happened if it had still been moving!?!
LOL
I'm really glad your ok. I dreaded you having the surgery, probably not as much as you did. But i'm really glad your up walking around and can hardly wait for you to be 100 percent again.
I love you so very much!