Monday, July 23, 2012

Good News!

I really can't believe it's been so long since my last post. Jody got on my butt about it, so here I am. Actually he asked me nicely to start posting again. I learned a couple of things in the last six months.

1. Chemo sucks.

2. With friends, family, and faith, you can make it through just about anything.

So -  for those of you that haven't been notified yet - I found out on the 18th of this month that I am cancer free - complete remission  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to send out a BIG THANK YOU  to all the many people that prayed for me.
You will never know just how much I appreciate it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I have done a few projects while I was out of touch and I will start posting those soon.

See you!

1 comment:

Jody said...

Good news indeed!

When a loved one tells you they have cancer it's like having one of your kids say they are jumping off of a cliff into a lake of rusty razor blades, nails, and tacks...
it's scary as h*ll. There is just so much fear and uncertainty. You hold on and hope for the best, you keep them in your thoughts, prayers and wishes, you never give up and you hope they never give up either. You realize there is so much more you want for them. So much more. And selfishly you realize there is so much more you want for yourself... such as being able to talk to them, to be able to look into their eyes, to be able to hold them in your arms, to be able to share the things you've shared before and to be able to share some of the things you haven't shared yet. And so much more.

As Randy Crouch says in one of his songs... "Lord, before i get my horns or my wings, i'd sure like to do just a few more things."

Having your Mother say the words "complete remission" sounds as good as her telling you she loves you.

I love you Mom!

And as always...
Stay Strong.